Sunday, September 02, 2007

Labor Day

Good ol' Labor Day weekend. A chance to chill out a bit and take a day off. Back in the day of working in a cubicle I lived for these "day-off" holidays. Past Labor Days I've hiked the redwoods of the Northern California coast, sailed the San Francisco Bay, floated the Truckee River in Tahoe - but really any chance to sleep in, play a round of golf, jump into a pool then BBQ outside while sipping something nice and cold is alright with me!
Now, I'm just flat thankful that I love my job. I wish I could sleep in, any crack of sun through my bedroom window in the morning is my signal to get up and start making things happen. It's truly a feeling of "career bliss", knowing that I'm doing exactly what I love to do everyday is soo nice. It certainly doesn't come without daily challenges and extremely hard work - but I'll take it.

I wish you all a very happy holiday - you better be sippin' the wines of TexaCali Wine Co. - may I suggest a little Crios Malbec with your BBQ or Olivet Lane Chardonnay with some crispy fried-chicken...Cheers - Ali

No comments: