Here's the short list to print and take shopping with you over the weekend:
Crios Torrontes - $14 best white wine made in Argentina - hands down.
Budini Chardonnay - $9 a tropical fruit bomb from Argentina.
Handley Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc - $16 a more sancerre style Sauv Blanc.
Pellegrini "Lake County" Sauvignon Blanc $13 from California & a favorite of mine for years!
Crios Rose of Malbec - $12 well, you may want to grab 2 bottles - you'll see why after the first sip.
Fort Ross Chardonnay - $30, this Chardonnay is rich & delicious, not for the faint of heart.
Now I'll leave you with a little "Texas Humor" sent by a good friend this week...
YOU KNOW YOU ARE IN TEXAS IN JULY WHEN. . . .
- The trees are whistling for the dogs.
- The best parking place is determined by shade instead of distance.
- Hot water now comes out of both taps.
- The temperature drops below 95 and you feel a little chilly.
- You discover that in July it only takes 2 fingers to steer your car.
- Your biggest bicycle wreck fear is, "What if I get knocked out and end up lying on the pavement and cook to death?"
- You realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
- Farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying boiled eggs.
- The cows are giving evaporated milk.
The Stars at Night are Big and Bright...Cheers - Ali