Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Slightly off subject tonight

so it's been awhile since I've written from the heart. The past month has been extremely eye-opening, exciting, painful and full of hope. I've received calls from friends traveling in all parts of the world, Germany (World Cup Freaks), South African wine makers, Wine tourists in Spain, dear friends touching base from Ecuador and just a pleasant "wish you were here" from a wine country wedding in Sonoma. Man I'm blessed.

I went for a run tonight in Austin, far exceeding my usual 90 minute yoga class or 30 minute walk with the dog down by the lake. I ran my guts out tonight, after sitting behind my computer for 12 hours straight today I had to let it go. One does not get into the wine business to sit on ones tush all day.

So I received a gift tonight, the most brilliant sunset and sky I've seen in years, it made me stop in my tracks and thank God above for giving me the guts to do my own thing and allow me to bring happiness to so many folks who dig good wine and Sake in Texas. All BS aside, it's a moment that will forever keep moving me forward. The same sunset kissed the grapes I represent all over the world tonight. Kinda cool.

For those who know me well know I have a passion for painting - or attempting to do so, here's a peek at the work I created this evening. No canvas, just a piece of cardboard I had hanging around after a run to Ikea weeks ago. Enjoy tomorrow - Ali

No comments: