Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Kistler, Flowers, Montelena, Rochioli, Far Niente

are all Chardonnay producers I use to throw down some serious cash on - truly wines that turned me onto my love of wine. So over the last 12 years or so, I've drifted away from big, bold and rich California Chardonnay.

But one smokin' glass of the 2002 Fort Ross Chardonnay produced from the ridges high above the Sonoma Coast brought me back to the good ol-days! Now I know Texans love their chardonnay - so here's a chance to try one that is brand spanking new to the Texas market - it is sure to become a classic in your household, most certainly a staple among fine wine lists in restaurants too! It's spooky burgundian like, maybe why I enjoy it so.

Fort Ross Chardonnay is one of the most highly acclaimed chardonnays among the world wine trade and media today. The most incredibly well balanced and beautiful (premium) California Chard I've tasted in years - maybe a decade. Strong words - but I stand strongly behind them. The only other one at this price point that stands as tall is Guy Davis' Dutton Ranch Chardonnay, which doesn't last a week on shelves anywhere in Texas since he's been producing a few years longer (and we Texans know a good thing or two...)

So jump to it! I urge you to look for Fort Ross at your favorite wine store or just ask for it - it's here, sitting in a chilly wine distributor warehouse in Austin - ready to be consumed by those who get their hands on it first! I promise, it won't let you down. Suggested Retail $32
Cheers - Ali

No comments: