Saturday, April 22, 2006

Behind these Hazel Eyes at Whole Foods

So, I'm walking into Whole Foods in Arlington today alongside a pretty blonde gal which just happened to be my hometown girl - Kelly Clarkson. I know I know, sounds cheesy but I think she sings her guts out and writes some pretty cool lyrics too. So, cool me of course - not, waited until I was all set up for an Olivet Lane tasting in the wine department before I got up the nerve to say something to her.

A minute or two pass before she walks into the back of the wine department (looking for milk and eggs) shopping like the rest of everyone at Whole Foods. I whisper over to her "Hey Kelly", she says "oh hi again", and then I said "I think you kick-ass and love your latest CD, I so appreciate your music, it's not everyday I get to tell a grammy award winning artist from my hometown that she rocks!".

Kelly then says with a big smile "thank you so much, I wrote those songs b/c I got my heart annihilated". Then I say, "yeah, you could have written those just for me, our eyes are both Hazel (laughing) ". Then we both smiled real goofy big and gave each other a hug. Pretty cool little story...and yes, the Olivet Lane Chardonnay and Pinot Noir were a total hit too! Cheers - Ali


No comments: