Thursday, April 27, 2006

Bon Appetit!

Crazy how life and career can become full-circle…tonight I co-hosted an incredibly delicious event for Bon Appetit magazine in Austin at Kenichi. I’m sleepy so I’ll keep this short - but so cool that Bon Appetit magazine has been an “old faithful” in my life as a foodie and gourmet wanna-be! Check out the November 2001 copy I pulled down from my kitchen cookbook rack tonight, literally helped me create my first turkey feast (no I’m not talking ex-boyfriends here! Argh.).

Tonight I was given the opportunity to speak about Ginjo Sake from Japan, Torrontes wine from Argentina and Olivet Lane Pinot Noir from California to a group of publishing and advertising professionals - who all walked away with raised eyebrows about their new liquid discoveries.


So cheers to an incredible food and entertaining at home magazine for the ages, I’m thankful to have contributed to “ah-ha” moments once again…
Cheers - Ali

No comments: