Friday, May 20, 2011

We could all use a little more GRACE

One of the best things about my new chapter on the West Coast are new friendships, I met Angela Osborne almost a year ago during a visit to Healdsburg.  After chatting a bit she poured me a glass of her wine - this sealed our friendship forever!  No really, what a kick to know a cool woman who's as lovely as the wine she makes.

I was thrilled this past week to hear that Angela's 2008 Grenache was sold out! I can proudly say that I played a small but delicious role in her depletions!  So, I encourage you all to take this post seriously if you want something incredibly special - a few words from darling Angela...

"A Tribute to Grace Grenache may be purchased directly via my mailing list, and can be shipped anywhere across the continental United States. Should you be traveling through Sonoma County, winery visits are welcomed by appointment.

I have just sold out of A Tribute to Grace Grenache 2008, and look forward to releasing the 2009 vintage in August of this year. "

 


San Francisco Chronicle's Jon Bonné selected the 2008 Grenache as one of the most memorable wines of 2010 - I totally agree!

"It sat over a month before I finally uncorked it. Amazing - a thoroughly different consideration of Grenache than I'd encountered in California. Grenache is usually interpreted with Chateauneuf on the brain, and if most American Grenache uses Chateau Beaucastel as a template, Grace's touchstone was Chateau Rayas, Emmanuel Reynaud's ethereal masterpiece." Jon.

Please visit Angela's website here and join her mailing list, it's a special one...Cheers to a great weekend everyone!  - Ali

No comments: