Thursday, February 26, 2009

These blew me away...

The past 2 months have been the busiest first 2 months of the year I've experienced (and lived through) in my entire life. No kidding around. With all this talk about saving your pennies I'm certainly glad the citizens of Texas are making it past this crazy economic time by sipping on great bottles of wine.

Here are a few eye-opening, head nodding and lip-licking wines I've tried over the past few weeks...all worth a trip to your favorite wine shop before the weekend. Copy, Paste and Print! Google and read up - I don't have time to type up my notes, but trust me I doodled a big STAR beside each while out in the market with them - which means I need to make a personal purchase as well!
  • Mendel Malbec, $25, Argentina
  • Handley Cellars Syrah, $19, Anderson Valley California
  • LIOCO Hirsch Vineyard Pinot Noir, $62, Sonoma Coast California
  • Storrs Lion Oaks Zinfandel,$40, Santa Cruz Mountains California
  • Pellegrini "Olivet Lane" Pinot Noir, $38, Russian River California
  • Davis Family Vineyards Old -Vine Zinfandel, $32, Russian River California
  • Lange Estate Pinot Gris, $16, Willamette Vally Oregon
  • Medlock Ames Cabernet Sauvignon, $55, Bell Mountain (Alexander Valley) California
  • Domaine Stirn Gewurztraminer, $30, Alsace
  • Domaine Vrignaud "Blanchot" Grand Cru Chablis, $110, Burgundy
  • Espelt "Saulo" Red $11, Spain
  • Lewelling Wight Vineyards Cabernet, $95, St.Helena Napa Valley California
Just ask your favorite wine retailer about them and certainly keep your eye out for them at your favorite restaurants around Texas. Cheers - Ali

No comments: