Monday, October 13, 2008

Italian Wine, Duck and Rock and Roll...

Friday night - had a super delicious dinner at Starlite - and possibly one of the best bottles of Italian wine I've tried in years - 2004 Le Pergole Torte [100% Sangioveto] If you haven't been to Starlite lately, you have been missing out. The menu has changed - fancy foods and intimate seating upstairs while a bistro-style menu is offered in the main dining area. The crabcakes are unbelievable - $7 for two and I highly suggest ordering the duck - amazing!

After dinner we
saw The Walkmen at The Parish. By far - the very best small venue live show I've seen all year...they totally rocked the house. I saw them a few years back in San Fransisco at Slim's. This past Friday night they sounded soo GREAT! I even got a shout-out from the lead singer "who's that hell-fire woman out there?" Only those who have attended concerts with me or a basket-ball game can truly understand. What a show!

Saturday was filled with Texas-OU excitement around the house...a loss for my OU sweetheart did not lead to a festive day whatsoever. Cheers - Ali

No comments: