Saturday, September 12, 2009

Rainy Days...FINALLY!!

Oh as I look out the window of my office, I'd so love to capture the sound of this beautiful rain storm in Austin right now. We desperately need this rain, nature's soundtrack to relax the day away.

This past week was a hectic one, I was honored to host Jurgen Wagner, the winemaker of Spain's Cellar Capcanes winery for a few days in Austin and Dallas, spend an evening with a wonderful group of wine enthusiasts at The Wine Rack in Midland and wr
ap the week up on Friday with the knock-out Avante Beverages team back in Dallas for their state sales meeting.

Today and tomorrow I'm going to focus on a little R&R for sure. Back to Fort Worth on Monday for an Avante portfolio trade tasting then a few days in Houston to talk shop and pump up the volume with loyal supporters of all things TexaCali Wine Co. A few wines of note I sipped over the past few days:

www.cellarcapcanes.com - the Mas Donis $15

www.medlockames.com - RED $25

www.vineconnections.com - Luca Beso de Dante $50

www.davisfamilyvineyards.com - Barn D'Or $24

www.handleycellars.com - Sauvignon Blanc $12

www.pellegrinisonoma.com - Cloverdale Ranch Cabernet $28

www.liocowine.com
- LIOCO Indica $20

www.teirawines.com - Merlot $15

www.storrswine.com
- Rusty Ridge Zinfandel $34

www.vineconnections.com - Crios Syrah Bonarda $15

www.langewinery.com - Freedom Hill Pinot Noir $65

Go click around on their websites today, read their stories. I always learn something new when I read up on these fine wines and others they make. Ahh, loving this rainy day, I almost forgot the sound of rain drops. All tucked in... Cheers - Ali

No comments: