Tuesday, May 20, 2008

On May 16, we lost one of the most important leaders in the world of wine, Robert Mondavi. Robert Mondavi paved the way and created opportunities for thousands of folks over the years who followed their own passion in the wine industry. So many tributes online this week - I think his own words say it all...

“Wine to me is passion. It's family and friends. It's warmth of heart and generosity of spirit. Wine is art. It's culture. It's the essence of civilization and the Art of Living…When I pour a glass of truly fine wine, when I hold it up to the light and admire its color, when I raise it to my nose and savor its bouquet and essence, I know that wine is, above all else, a blessing, a gift of nature, a joy as pure and elemental as the soil and vines and sunshine from which it springs.” Robert Mondavi, “Harvests of Joy”

(photo copyright: Thom McDermott Photography)

No comments: