Saturday, December 29, 2007

Wrapping up 2007

Where did this year go? I truly believe 2007 was the fastest year of my life. I admit, it was a year of greatness and only a smidgen of bad. In fact, I can really only think of a few bad things – besides usual frustrations with the Texas wine sales supply chain (there are a lot of Jackasses I get to deal with), Norwegian attic rats filming the sequel to Ratatouille all summer long in my attic and walls, but falling off my porch at 6am onto my ankle resting on 3 inch heels took the top “things that sucked” spot. My Ankle is still messed up after 3 months.

As for all the good, man, what a year of learning how far I can push myself and really enjoying running TexaCali Wine Co. I’ve always known I’d end up making a career out of something I love; it is such a feeling of freedom. I know I say this all of the time, but I really do believe in and like all the wines and sake producers I so proudly represent. I have such an obligation to them all – which is profoundly scary and exciting all at the same time.

In 2008, you’ll see the producers of TexaCali Wine Co. in more high-profile events this year and I promise you this – many more placements on wine lists across the state as well. I didn’t travel much in 2007, things kept me busy here in Texas, but in 2008 I must get to Spain and France to explore and strengthen my wine knowledge of these regions. Many exciting projects in the works - like adding new items to www.texacaliwine.com, completing a cookbook and finalizing a Texas wine buying guide next year. Personally in 2008, I want to read more, start playing golf again, take a French language class, see more live music, and of course step-up the workouts. Oh and it wouldn’t hurt to find fall in love this year for real, I’m way over due in this department. Just a few little things...

Happy New Year everyone, thank you for supporting me and the producers of TexaCali Wine Co., 2008 is going to ROCK. Cheers - Ali

No comments: