Wednesday, May 30, 2007

My heads going to burst...

not because I had to many sips, the past few weeks and the weeks to come are INTENSE and I want everything to roll as smooth as possible. Maybe if I just type this all out of my head I can get back to sleep tonight. What's up? Well, due to the extreme HEAT in Texas during the summer months, the month of June is jammed with visitors - just before the weather turns dreadful. Here's what's on tap....

Tuesday June 5 -
Vine Connections tasting at The Parlor in Plano.

Wednesday June 6
- Veritas kickoff with Sigel's fine wine sales team and work day.

Thursday June 7
- Veritas Imports Grand Tasting at the Addison Sigel's location in 5-7pm


Thursday June 7 - Dallas/Fort Worth "Malbec Masters Tour" Winemakers - Susana Balbo, Pedro Marchevsky, Roberto de la Mota and Luis Reginato are here to represent Tikal, Luca, La Posta, Mendel, Susana de Balbo, Crios and BenMarco wines. A Trade Only Malbec Seminar complete with 2007 Barrel samples from Argentina is being held at the Gaylord in the afternoon (details on my website on Thursday).

Thursday June 7
- Masters of Argentine Wine Dinner at Lanny's Alto Cocina in Fort Worth, Lanny has created a fabulous menu paired with the winemaker;s wines - a chance of a lifetime to eat and drink with the greatest winemakers from Argentina (details on the website on Thursday).


Friday June 8
- Malbec Masters Tour happens in Houston, another trade tasting at the Uptown Park Tasting Room, then a consumer meet and greet tasting in the evening at the River Oaks
(details on the website on Thursday).

Friday June 8
- TexaCali Wine Co. is sponsoring the wines for the annual
The Culinary Institute Alain & Marie LeNĂ´tre Scholarship Fundraiser in Houston.

Saturday June 9
- TexaCali Wine Co. tasting at Centennial Fine Wines on Preston Road 1-5pm - I'll be uncorking wines from Fort Ross Winery as well from Argentina!

Sunday June 10-Thursday 14
- Milla Handley, THE MILLA HANDLEY of Anderson Valley's Handley Cellars is coming to Texas to visit! Milla will be working with me throughout Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin and Houston for
the week.

Thursday June 14 - 4pm
I'll be introducing new Pellegrini Family Vineyard wines to the Prestige Wine Cellars Houston team!

Friday June 15 - TexaCali Ali has a spa day somewhere in Austin where cell phones are not allowed.

I'm typing from Fort Worth right now, I'll be back in my office in Austin late
Wednesday night and update my website with all the details...hum, did I pay my Internet service provider this month yet??? I do think it's time for a new TexaCali Wine Co. staff member soon...Cheers - Ali

PS - A big thank you to everyone -
all 90 of you who attended the wonderful Argentine Dinner at the Limestone Grill last Sunday night - what an amazing dinner and room full of Malbec drinkers! I'll post pictures and details by the end of the week, so please check back!

No comments: