Sunday, May 06, 2007

I broke a major rule tonight!

I made this rule for myself a few years back "never read wine books and/or wine magazines in bed". Yeah, sounds weird, but I tend to get all excited or anxious about reviews and new discoveries then can't turn my mind off to sleep.

Sleep is either a dirty word or heaven - a toss-up almost everytime I close my eyes. Tonight I carried the big ole May 31st Wine Spectator with the Rose cover into bed with me and of course read it over at least twice. This is what I found, so maybe typing it out here will take it out of my thoughts so I can fall asleep before long...

TexaCali Wine Co. Producers Reviewed...

Argentina:

2005 Crios Syrah-Bonarda 89pts. and Smart Buy Award
2005 Tikal Patriota (Malbec/Bonarda Blend) - 90pts.

California:
2004 Fort Ross Chardonnay - 90pts.
2003 Fort Ross "Symposium" Pinot Noir - 92pts.
2004 Fort Ross Pinot Noir - 91pts.
2003 Fort Ross Pinotage - 91pts.

France:

Loire -
2004 Jo Pithon Savennieres La Croix Picot - 89pts.
2004 Jo Pithon Quarts de Chaume Les Varennes - 94pts.
2003 Jo Pithon Coteaux du Layon-St-Lambert Les Bonnes Blanches - 93pts.

Burgundy -
2004 Deuz Montille Corton Renardes - 92pts.
2004 Domaine de Montille Pommard Les Pezerolles - 89pts.

And then there was the little quote in the 2005 Burgundy article - "The wines from Puligny-Montrachet reveal the district's typical finesse..."

Very exciting! Cheers and hopefully good-night to all! Ali

No comments: