Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tonight Above San Francisco

So I'm asked almost everyday if I miss living in San Francisco ... of course, who in their right mind wouldn't? The cool thing about missing SF is that it's only a picture, phone call, email or 3.5 hour flight away.

Seeing, feeling, hearing, touching and tasting the beauty of San Francisco and the wine country surround me at all times. I'm totally star-crossed with SF!

Like tonight where I'm reading through a very cool San Fran Blog -
Curbed SF
and read a quote from my favorite gal in the wine business - Mulan Chan.

Boom - the phone rings and it's Mulan, we end up talking for an hour - catching up and making certain our professional lives (oh and love lives) and dreams continue to move forward. Star-crossed indeed! Mulan is an expert in French wine and food pairings and has made quit a name for herself. Can't wait for her to visit Texas - get ready folks!


So the picture up there tonight is what I missed seeing "live and in person" and something that I would rarely miss while living in California, Mother Nature's show...one of my favorite memories - laying on the roof of my building atop the Fillmore Hill and Pacific Ave. and watching stars rush like waterfalls for minutes at a time. This picture is the top of the south tower of the Golden Gate Bridge which appears to cradle the moon at 8:20 p.m. this past Tuesday, as viewed from the Marin Headlands. Ahh, just amazing. Cheers - Ali

No comments: