Sunday, August 27, 2006

Sweet Endings

The past week was about as packed as a week gets for TexaCali Wine Co. Somehow I managed to travel over 1000 Texas miles in 3 days, shake hands with hundreds of wine buyers, pour wine for those same few hundred, get through a horrible bout of food poisoning, finalize a marketing strategy for 3 new TexaCali Wine Co. producers and close a few Fall promotion deals for Vine Connections and last but not least - manage to let Henley out for a few walks throughout the week - thank you Karl and Grace!

Whewwwww - so here's to one of my all time best meals in Dallas that ended the week. I was asked to join a few new friends for dinner after our Horizon Dallas Portfolio Tasting - I am so glad - the experience was amazing, great foodie talk, incredible food in general and of course impeccable wine and bubbles along the way. The only thing that sucked was the fact that I was too tired to take course notes and more pictures during this multi-course dinner.

All I have to say is that if you haven't made time in your life to eat dinner at
York Street do it soon...



Sharon Hage works her culinary magic in the kitchen that promises to put a smile on your face and make a lasting beautiful memory in your belly! Oh yeah...I leave you this morning with a few pictures from our meal and a tour of her kitchen, so generously given by Sharon after dinner. Next time you see me, be sure to ask me about this evening...so fun! Cheers - Ali


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a week Ali! Great to see you in Austin and taste through your Sake and wine, your table was the best at the tasting, every bottle there was first class. Keep living the dream! David.