Friday, July 08, 2011

Traveling along the TexaCali Wine Trail.

This summer is full of adventures in Northern California for me and for many TexaCali Fans!   The calendar has been full  - 7 days a week Texans are exploring the California wine country and I am very honored to help point a few in a right direction.  I've been helping out folks for years now with their trips out here,  my wish is to make certain their time is spent wisely with the right wineries for a fabulous wine country experience.  This is how it goes down...

Oh Alison, this information is so incredibly helpful!! I just made reservations for River's End and couldn't be more excited! We would be honored to receive a "special tasting" if it's not too much trouble on your end. I'm just so thrilled to go to Davis Family Vineyards and Medlock Ames! They had a huge part in me selecting northern Sonoma over the other regions. I've read so much about them on your blog and I can't wait to visit and try their wines. I really appreciate the suggestions you gave us. With our time being somewhat limited, it's helpful to be pointed in a direction from someone who knows!

and after their trip....

I can't thank you enough for your fabulous recommendations! We were able to get to most of your winery selections and REALLY loved them all.  I really, I mean really loved Copain's wines. They were literally 4 minutes from the cottage where we were staying! I really loved all their wines and the facility was beyond gorgeous. Kenny at Medlock was our last winery of the trip and he was a blast! We thoroughly enjoyed him and would love to be included in any "launch" activities you might help him plan here in Texas... we got a lot of personal attention and a very nice wine/food pairing as well.

We also did the canopy/zip lining through the Redwoods that you recommended and that was fantastic. Such a great way to see the Redwoods and get some activity as well. Our last night there we went to River's End for dinner and WOW, you weren't kidding about the view! The food was fantastic as well. My husband had the Elk and it was fabulous, but I had the salmon and it was to die for. Thank you so much for taking the time to help us plan a wonderful vacation. I had no idea just how gorgeous it is up there. I was seriously in awe at every turn! 

Thank you again for everything!   - The Wilburns Traveling from Houston

I love it!  Wine like music for me evokes memories and I'm glad to have a part in creating a few for you all...Cheers - Ali

1 comment:

DrMc said...

Headed for Northern California 12-25-11 returning 01-01-12, staying on the coast @ Sea Ranch for several days then will move to Hearldsburg Inn on the square..........this is a annual outing, but we like some new ideas of discovery. We like smaller boutique wineries of the somewhat cult nature but enjoy good wine of whatever origin. Please recommend some destination points we go reach from these points(holidays are restrictive @ that time)and fabulous dining. Thanks!
Dan from San Antonio, Texas