Saturday, June 26, 2010

Summertime... in Texas!

So far so FABULOUS this summer when it comes to sales of the TexaCali Wine Co. producers in Texas.  Honestly,  the hot months of our Texas summer is my least favorite time to do-what-I-do.  It takes extreme planning to keep the wines chilled all day and superpowers to keep motivated. Getting in and out of the car all day is a beating, trying to look your best while sweat dribbles down your back with a smile on your face walking into restaurants and retails with a bag (or 2) of wine to show is far from GLAMOROUS.  Yesterday  I "Tweeted" that the inside of my car looked like an Ice Cream truck! Coolers, dry ice, road-rage in parking lots over shaded spaces...whew.  BUT - the wines are "selling like crazy" this summer and I'm loving it! 

So far rounding up the end of June, the following wines are getting the MOST movement this summer (please ask your favorite wine shop for a few!). 

La Spinetta Vermentino $19

Handley Cellars Pinot Gris $15

Pellegrini Unoaked Chardonnay - Russian River $14

LIOCO Sonoma County Chardonnay $19

Teira Sauvignon Blanc - Dry Creek $15

Cloverdale Ranch Cabernet Sauvignon $19

Cheers to a AC filled weekend - Ali (PS, I took the sunset photo from my blackberry traveling West on HWY 71 to Austin Thursday night).

No comments: