Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Teira Zinfandel News

I'm in San Francisco now finalizing 2009 plans for TexaCali producers...how fitting is this little story I'm about to tell?

I ask my dear friend Mulan where I can find a great french wine list and early dinner near my hotel last night...she suggests Cafe Claude. Cafe Claude is just a few blocks away tucked into a little alley. The last time I walked down this alley way was Bastille Day in 2002 - oh actually "sipped" my way through the alley for a few hours...but that's a whole other story to tell someday - maybe.

Anyhoo - back to last night. As we walked up to the Cafe Claude patio I expected to see some eclectic bottles from the south of France, maybe some great labels from Burgundy and Bordeaux. Nope - all three tables had a bottle of Teira Zinfandel sitting front and center! So Cool. Turns out that Cafe Claude rolls through a couple dozen cases of Teira Zin each month...oh those crazy french people. Overall, our experience at Cafe Claude was spot on - the service, food and wine list were exceptional. We did choose to sip on a few glasses of great French wine though! I can't wait to go back for a treat of pomme-frites and Pinot Noir at the bar!

Even bigger news for Teira Zinfandel... Jancis Robinson, one of England's (and the world's) most respected wine critics, recently rated 2005 Teira Zinfandel in her Top 100 Wines list. "
Teira Zinfandel 2005 Sonoma County - Drier and more sophisticated than most Zins. Fruit from old vines in Dry Creek and Russian River Valleys. 13.5% .

Around $16 in Texas - you can ask your favorite wine shop for it anytime!
Cheers - Ali

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live in Dallas, where can I find the Teira wines? Does Central Market carry the Zin? Thanks anyone! Evan