Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The Wandering Texan Part II

Well, I'm back from Japan after quite an adventure! I brought back so much knowledge about Sake and it's makers that I don't even know where to begin. I'll break it down with a shortlist for now. Highlight of the trip: standing in the Koji rooms during brewery tours all week...the Koji rooms are heated like a dry sauna - it's still winter cold in Japan. Low point of the trip: sittting down to a breakfast of seaweed and sea "creatures" after a night out at a Japanese pub.

All in all the trip was a wonderful experience, I"ll upload pictures on www.texacaliwine.com later today. The shot above is me at Kaetsu Shuzo brewery stirring some fermenting Sake in guest slippers. More soon, I'm dealing with a great big wave of jetlag right now - Ali

No comments: