Thursday, January 05, 2006

California Superstars...

I'm out meeting with the Vine Connections team in Northern Cali today. I have so much to write about - what a great afternoon in Napa and Sonoma! Bummer - I need to be quick, it’s late and I have another packed day tomorrow. I’ll post all my tasting notes and pictures over the next few days.

Highlights of the Day –

Lewelling
I had the great honor and pleasure of meeting Dave and Doug Wight of Lewelling Vineyards. Tasted through a Lewelling Wight Vineyard vertical of 1997-2005. INCREDIBLE. I had no idea that they sell most of their fruit to Caymus, Viader, Xtent, Orin Swift, Guy Davis Sydney Frank and BV among other top Cali producers. More later…

Guy Davis
Coolness in a bottle. Guy opened his home (which sits above his vineyards looking southeast over the Russian River valley) up to the Vine Connections crew today – we tasted the future and man is it good! Swung by the Davis Family Winery that sits about 5 feet off the Russian River in Healdsburg to taste some more and check out the place before dinner at Charlie Palmers Dry Creek Kitchen. Guy brought in a new gem to end the night with “Apple Brandy”…oh I can’t hardly wait to fill you all in! Cheers - Ali

No comments: