Sunday, May 15, 2005

Week 2

Waco, Texas 2005. Thursday was a total flashback to my college days – sans the Bartles & Jaymes! I walked right into Ridgewood Country Club at high noon to introduce myself as a former “deck club manager” to their new young Chef Soren from Denmark. Denmark to Waco – well sure beats my TexaCali story, welcome to Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil – Texas style. Waco is a hoot, complete with 2 quaint wine bistros, 3 family owned wine and liquor stores (my personal favorite Bad Bear Liquors) and a hopping wine department at the HEB which is run by long time Wine Aficionado April Allison. Everyone knows everyone in Waco. Look forward to spending more time with folks who love wine…my birthplace. Off to host a 50 person wine tasting this evening for a church group in Coppell - God Bless Texas. - Ali

No comments: