Sunday, February 04, 2007

Oops...

I let another week go by without posting. In one word "magical" can best describe the last few days and weeks. So I'll just leave it at that. Work is full-throttle right now with exciting sales and marketing opportunities throughout Texas for all TexaCali Wine Co. producers. I love what I do each and every single day!

On Wednesday, I squeezed in a little personal time for dinner at Uchi in
Austin. Though I've been doing business with Uchi for a few years now, this was my first time to sit down and enjoy Uchi creations. Also, Uchi just happens to be my boyfriend's favorite restaurant in town - so shazzzaaaamm - dinner at Uchi was AMAZING. The atmosphere at Uchi is hot, sexy and cool - much like my dinner date (which the tipsy gaggle of ladies sitting next to us were happy to let me know!). I loved the red walls, gorgeous lighting and dark wood accents. I must find out more about the designer wallpaper! Well done.

The Crios Torrontes kicked off our evening paired with fresh Maguro Sashimi & Goat Cheese (with fuji apples, cracked pepper and pumpkin seed oil). After the first course we munched on a handful of other delights - beef on a "hot rock", crunchy tuna roll, and fresh sea scallops.

Our last course was unbelievable - get this - grilled foie gras with a crazy rich Thai peanut topping along with lemongrass sorbet
that was to DIE FOR. And of course "Divine Droplets" Junmai Daiginjo Sake to sip. I feel confident saying this was the best food and sake pairing I've ever had. Truly mouthwatering greatness. To completely finish off things we went for the chocolate and wasabi fondant. Incredible display of culinary adventure and overall YUM.

If you don't live in Austin - dinner at Uchi is one hell of a reason to visit. Big shout out of thanks to Andy for taking time out of his busy night to chat with the Texas "Sake Ninja" - Cheers - Ali

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post about your dinner at Uchi - we always order the Divine Droplets - wish they had more of your sake on the list. Big Fans! - Karen and Rob