Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Here's one for all the BOYS...

Oh feeling much better today...after a full night of sleep! So I awoke to read such exciting news today - AWESOME "Snakes on a Plane" is out on DVD finally. OK kidding about that, really. I hate snakes.

There are a handful of items that make me excited for the New Year and I'm going to point them out to you right now...
Crios Cabernet Sauvignon was the #1 selling wine among the TexaCali portfolio in 2006 - the growth of the Crios brand overall is just mind-blowing cool. French Wine - yep, Veritas Imports is ready to roll in Texas and I can't wait to see these beauties all over Texas. Get ready to fall in love all over again ... Vine Connections Ginjo Sake - this category is so popular right now, I even have some old college buddies
sipping the good stuff. Who would have ever thought - old Baylor Boys now drinking $60 a bottle Ginjo Sake - love it! Pellegrini's are releasing their first red blended wine this spring...if you love Cloverdale Ranch you're going to go NUTS over this new wine - I tasted it in barrel last November, incredibly rich and full of big fruit - totally made me smile. Speaking of Pellegrini wines, you'll be able to purchase "Hamel" wines in Texas within a few weeks, Kevin Hamel is the the head winemaker for Pellegrini and has crafted oh so delicious Pinot Noir and Syrah from Sonoma. Vine Connections new releases - I'm keeping this one quiet for now, let's just say that Luis Reginato who is the winemaker for Luca, Tikal and La Posta has been busy! Oh Yeah! Handley Cellars - WOW - the Dry Creek Sauvignon Blanc is here and IT IS INCREDIBLE. I just can't say enough about how beautiful the entire Handley portfolio is, there is still Pinot Noir available in Texas too! Storrs - their Santa Cruz Mountain wines just keep coming, look for new releases of their Rusty Ridge Zinfandel on shelves any day now. Also, Christie's vineyard is available - these wines are soo cool.

Oh better stop for now, I'm off to conquer my new years reso
lution - to have a butt and body that resembles Jessica Alba's in any way within the next few months.

Yep - I dream big - but so far so good with chasing my dreams - Cheers and Happy New
Year to All! Ali

(picture credit - www.idontlikeyouinthatway.com)

No comments: