Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Dreamy

Back from Beverly Hills, Silverlake, Hollywood and Malibu – can’t even contain the amount of energy I have after this quick trip out to California. My mind is soo overloaded with new ideas and determination to make TexaCali Wine Co. the most successful wine marketing firm in the Nation - I mean Texas...

Better make room in your cellar now folks, my new running shoes are on and heading full steam ahead to help you enjoy the best wine offerings available to buy in Texas restaurants and fine wine shops. Here a few goodies from the trip - enjoy!

Most beautiful white wine(s) of the trip: 2003 Deux Montille Puligny Montrachet Champ Gains Premier Cru and her 2004 Meursault Les Casse-Tetes…both truly elegant Burgundy wines.

Most exciting and hip wines of the trip: too may too name, just google “Jo and Olivier Pithon” “Deux Montille”, "Hospice de Nuits, Nuits St. -Georges Cuvee des Sires de Vergy - Premier Cru" and “Leclaire-Gaspard”.

Best wine store(s) discovery: Well, 2 very different retailers 1) Silverlake Wines for their great value and diverse selection. Loved the neighborhood feeling and approachable staff. 2) Malibu Wines in the Country Mart shopping center right off of Pacific Coast Hwy. Like Silverlake they carried many of the TexaCali Wine Co. producers, but had one hell of a selection for gazillionaire wine collectors. I saw more Pax wines than ever before and honestly quit looking around after I started feeling overwhelmed buy all the dreamy wine.

Most relaxing day(s): Sunday, I was in Malibu all day putting in some serious time on the beach. The day was sunny and a soothing 80 degrees. I can still feel the warm sand beneath me. Also, after a-way-to-early in the morning hike in Griffith Park (my calves are still aching), I spent the afternoon sipping Rose and gossiping with good friends on Saturday afternoon. It was seriously my first Saturday off in months.

Most exciting meal: Spago Beverly Hills, started dinner at 6:30, best seat in the house – patio actually, walked out at 11:30ish after too many spectacular courses to name, ended with the most luscious Jo Pithon “Quarts de Chaume” sweet and mouth coating sip of wine in the world! Many thanks to John, David and Amy for a wonderful evening together.

Most inspiring moment: Two actually. The first would be sitting with a wine importer while sipping and analyzing the most amazing French wines imported to America, in a penthouse smack dab in the middle of Beverly Hills... Living the Dream Baby!! Second moment, watching and discussing movies and trailers that were written and directed by the person sitting next to me in his house. Yeah, if he can do I can do it, he’s from Texas too.

Only bummer of the trip: Left my digital camera in the darn rental car at LAX!!!! ARGH!! You should see all the gorgeous pictures I took to share with the TexaCali world!

Greatest ending ever: As I stood in the security line at LAX the guy in front of me went into a full-on panic, ruffling through his bag looking for something. With one arm in his " too big for school bag", he stops, turns and looks at me to see if I’m about to jump him, and viola! - it was Dr. Robert Rey from the E! Channel Dr. 90210 – pulling out a big ass sissy pink can of aerosol hairspray that wasn’t allowed on the plane. I laughed so hard and out loud, there musy have been at least 40 others laughing with me within 10 seconds, I couldn’t hold it back, it was early, I was tired and wow – that moment was just so ridiculously funny. What a fool – hot pink shirt and snake skin jacket to boot! Ahahahahaahaahahaa! Still cracks me up so hard!!!

Well, California is my soulmate for certain, but feels good to be back in Texas and share the love. Get ready for a few rockin’ TexaCali announcements in the following days…I can’t hardly wait to share my new friends and producers in the wine business with you all. Cheers - Ali

No comments: