Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Where is TexaCali Ali?

Well, the signs on the left signify a flat tire change at midnight after a day with Pellegrini Wines in San Antonio. Yes, this DAMN HOT summer is kicking my 1999 Acura's ASS. I don't want to even think about all the miles I've put on my poor old companion this month alone...soon - soon a new vehicle will come - a real knight in shining armor to swiftly carry me around (and my bag of wines).

So what do I do driving around Texas each week? For those of you in
the wine trade, well - you see me.

But for those of you that simply enjoy wine, just think of the entire supply chain - how that grape is turned into wine, bottled, aged, sold, delivered, stored, sold to a retailer and put on a wine list. Well, it takes a lot of something special to shine through all the mass (and mess) of wine these days. And there's a whole lot of Texas highways and backroads that I must travel to make sure Texans are getting the good stuff!


That's right where I come in, unfortunately for my old car Texas can only be covered one day at a time, one buyer at a time, one wine at a time...one mile at a time in between.

Cheers to Sterling Acura of Austin, where my old companion is currently undergoing a bit of reconstructive surgery - Ali

No comments: