Thursday, October 11, 2007

The Coolest Wine Shop North of Houston & a Hill Country Gem

So real quick (I need to get ready to go see PORTERDAVIS tonight), but wanted to post some important wine facts for Texas. Last week I had the please of hosting an Argentine Wine Tasting at Vino 100 in The Woodlands. Kelly who owns the place always makes everyone feel like they are tucked inside a comfortable home - full of great wine! The BenMarco Malbec and Tikal Patriota were the run-away favorites of the night. Totally stop in and ask Kelly for her favorites - she is spot-on when it comes to understanding well made wine!

"Grape Juice". Next time you are driving through the Hill Country - head south past Fredricksburg to Ingram! The coolest wine shop and tasting room just opened up. I had the great pleasure of meeting Patrick and his family last Saturday. I picked up the 2006 Joel Gott Sauvignon Blanc, which is completely fabulous! I bought a bottle of Joel Gott Chardonnay one foggy night walking up a steep hill to my house in San Francisco and have been a fan every since.

Patrick knows his stuff - hope he expands sometime soon! Cheers - Ali

No comments: