Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

So I've been out in California for a few days, many business meetings, many bottles of wine, many laughs, many good friends sharing great times with TexaCali Ali! It's been a very big year, so it's nice to begin the holiday season among the special producers, importers and friends I've trusted my life with over the past few years.

Here are a few pictures taken over the past few days - I promise more later. It's an amazing time to be in the California wine country - it's like driving through an Autumn patch-work quilt.

Last weekend my dear friend Mulan
Chan celebrated her birthday along with 40 or so other foodie friends in San Francisco. It was a food and wine feast that would make you salivate just seeing the pics, we had everything from black truffle linguine to butter cream frosted cupcakes. The San Francisco good-weather Gods were on our side - giving us a clear night with no fog or wind.

I've been staying up at the Handal Vineyard, enjoy the pics and check in for a complete Thanksgiving Day tasting report by Saturday.



Cheers - Ali

No comments: